Pages

6.24.2013

Festival Of The Five Petalled Rose

Friday was the start of the Five Petalled Rose Festival here in Cesky Krumlov.

The town turns back the clocks to the 18th century.  It is a crazy step back in time for all of us history/music/theatre geeks.

Since we were dressed up there were lots of tourists taking photos of us.  They also asked to be in photos with them.
I think I posed for over a thousand photos over the course of the weekend.  At least that I know of.  I know there were a lot of people who were taking photos of us when we were just walking down the street!



look at that sweet face

as cool as it was to see hawks and owls so close up, 
I felt so sad for them being chained up

the old vs the new




the gardens were absolutely gorgeous on saturday

This pond is at the very back of the castle gardens...on a normal day it takes about 15 - 20 minutes to get from our hostel to the pond.
On saturday it took us TWO HOURS...


A always knows when to take the best photos of me haha


A, H, and I decided to stay true to the lives of 18th century ladies and go for walks in the gardens all day.
Seriously...that's what they did back in the day.  Take a turn around the gardens and then head home.
It was actually quite a bit of fun :)

just a kid at heart


i curled my hair with paper towel...
i was pretty happy with the result

swingset - 1
dress - 0




On Saturday night the town put on a stunning fireworks display.  We were lucky enough to have an amazing terrace to watch the show.

Right before the show started I found out that my camera had a fireworks setting.  
I was so stoked :)
















apparently my camera thought it was snowing?


On Sunday there was one last final parade of all of the people who participated in the different acts that were part of the festival.
As you can tell I did not exactly have the best view, but I was working on an assignment that was due the next day.




David - 
the sweetest and best server ever

This weekend was possibly one of the best weekends of my entire life.  I definitely will be coming back to Cesky Krumlov for this weekend again.

No comments:

Post a Comment