Pages

6.02.2017

April and May Layovers

I can't believe it is the end of April beginning of June already 😬

Clearly I started writing this post over a month ago and then promptly forgot about it.  

I had some amazing layovers in April.  Some of which I took tons of photos (Tunisia 48hrs and Brisbane), some I did a lot of shopping (Singapore), and others where I had such a good time with friends I didn't take my phone out at all (Hong Kong).

I started May off with a little holiday to India (which I will do a separate post on, there are about 1000+ photos).  I also had layovers in Sri Lanka, Seychelles, Seattle, and Germany (I have very few photos from these layovers, sorry 😞)

June is not as varied unfortunately, only Seattle x2 and London x2 with a handful of turnarounds mixed in.


The blue doors of Sidi Bou Said, Tunis
These were everywhere, each more beautiful than the last.
I am 100% going back to Tunisia on vacation, great food, beautiful views, and lovely people


Tunis, you stole my heart

Above the rooftops of the Tunis medina
Side note: sitting on the top of edges, ledges, and cliffs is now a habit of mine.  My mother hates them, so clearly I now have to be a dutiful daughter and have at least one per layover.



I was opting for pensive, my other Canadian colleague was not...

The ruins of Carthage

Some of the crew on our last night in Tunis

One of my best layovers I have had lately has been on my Singapore - Brisbane multi-sector.  Brisbane was such a fun city and I had the absolute best time hanging out with kangaroos and koalas all day at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.  I bought several bags of kangaroo treats and off we went!




Such a little baby nugget, I fell in love instantly 😍



I had these three sitting in my lap for ages as I fed them little treats


This was as physically close to him as I could get.
I was terrified he was going to peck at me.

My next flight was Hong Kong.  The night before my flight I realized that my friend R was in town!  I met up with her for dinner a few hours after I landed.  This was one of the best nights of the year for sure.  We made friends with random ex pats at all the bars we went to and had the best time.  Needless to say, I was extremely dehydrated the next day.  



For some reason I did not take too many photos during my May layovers.  I have AMAZING photos from my mini holiday in Dubai and India (next post will come soon I promise!).

Nice little layover in the Seychelles and one of my newer purchases

Flying over Kamloops while on our way to Seattle.
I made every single crew in economy look out the window haha

The setting sun on the Gothic Cathedral in Cologne, Germany


Can someone please give me the super power of being able to banish all the random people from my photos?


  


No comments:

Post a Comment