Pages

10.21.2013

Prodigious Pumpkins

On Sunday a couple friends and I went out to a pumpkin patch in Windsor, NS.
Now this isn't any old pumpkin patch...
this farm grows the largest pumpkins in the WORLD.  
ya I know...you learn something new every day
Dill's Atlantic Giant holds a Guinness world record for growing the largest pumpkin in the world, a whopping 2,009 lb pumpkin! whaaaat?!

The reason I wanted to go and visit is because this semester I am in a photojournalism class. Our latest photo assignment was for us to find a picture of people experiencing thanksgiving. Well since Thanksgiving was last weekend and I spent the entire time stuffing my face, I had to get creative and figure out what else symbolizes Thanksgiving.

Yay for pumpkins!

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to H, my wonderful model for the day :)



this little one looked so cold!


705 lb pumpkin and not even the heaviest one!
leggings by lulu lemon
shoes by sperry topsider

 I saw this little munchkin having a photoshoot with his parents...
he was so cute I couldn't help myself

 she's a crazy one

H is pumpkin'd out
red coat by TNA for aritzia (sold out)
similar here and here
scarf by talula babaton for aritzia (old)
similar here and here


 mmm...small children

such a sweetie

goof



the farm also grows pumpkins for people to race in on the Thanksgiving long weekend
it's called the Pumpkin Regatta...don't believe me? 

this majestic kitty came running across the field to us while we were taking photos
J and M being goofs in the background


she's a wrecking ball


such a fall day

sleepy model kitty

On a completely different note,ever since I made apple pie last weekend I have been craving it almost every single day.  So I am bound and determined to make some once I go grocery shopping. Keep an eye out for my apple pie recipe coming in the next couple weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment