Pages

5.31.2013

YHZ -->FRA -->LNZ

So this post is a few days behind, but traveling from Hali to Frankfurt to Austria to the Czech Republic finally caught up with me and I slept most of the day when I wasn't in class.  

On tuesday night S and I left Halifax, bound for Frankfurt!  Unfortunately our flight was an hour late leaving Hali so we missed our connecting flight to Linz on wednesday morning.  5 hours later we were able to catch the other flight going to Linz that afternoon that had some other Dalhousie and Kings students on it.

first leg of our trip...
it definitely was not on time

classic insta pic

Being students, we wanted to get the best deal possible.  We flew with Condor, a Lufthansa owned airline.  While the price was reasonable, although the next time I fly to Europe it will definitely be with a different airline.  Most likely Lufthansa, they are one of the best.  Or KLM. 

The person who was sitting in front of me was able to push their seat so far back into my space that my tray was literally being shoved into my stomach.  And I am not a big person by any means.

You get what you pay for.

the white section at the bottom of the photo is my body :S

the food was your typical airplane style food.
mediocre pasta, pretty good potato salad, bun, and gross carrot cake

not exactly sure what this was...i called it a rye pancake.
neither butter nor cream cheese helped make it better

not too much room to move

little gremlin

There were no personal TV's on the flight, so I actually ended up writing the first draft of my Maid of Honour speech for J's wedding at the end of august.

where exactly are your legs supposed to go?

sun rise

The Frankfurt airport is huge...the employees ride bikes from place to place.  I have travelled through Frankfurt previous times but I never seem to recall it being that big.

ahhh one day i will be rich enough to fly on the upper deck of a double decker plane.  FYI, Singapore Air has a full upper deck. #sojealous


We stayed in Linz for one night, before meeting the rest of the group to take the bus to Cesky Krumlov.  Linz is famously known for being Hitler's favourite city in Austria and he had plans to build a museum, for all of the Jewish artifacts that he had collected, after all the Jews had been exterminated.  Linz is also widely known for the concentration camp museum, some friends and I plan on visiting at the end of our trip.  It was quite rainy when we were there, but hopefully when we are there after our stay in Cesky it will be sunnier and be able to explore a bit more.





The full day that we had in Linz was a religious holiday, so we did not spend very much time in the churches.  I went inside briefly and lit a candle, but did not take any photos.

view from our hotel window

It has been very rainy in Cesky, so I will try and take more photos once the skies clear up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment