Pages

11.25.2017

Recent Layovers

Just a few snaps from my layovers in August - October!

Vienna, Austria
Trivandrum, India
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Chicago, Illinois
London, England
Budapest, Hungary

First stop, Vienna!  This city was so cool, it rained quite a bit but I was able to take the tram to the National Gallery, as well as check out a few spots around the hotel.


Incredible statues at the Kunsthistorisches Museum

Next I was off to Trivandrum, India.  This was the first time I had been there, and I was so pleasantly surprised.  I had some of the best aloo-gobi ever!

The beautiful black beaches of Trivandrum







Views from the lighthouse

Trivandrum by night

Mahe Island in the Seychelles will always have a special place in my heart.  I love it here so much, I keep meaning to go on holiday but never seem to find the time!  One day!


North Beach, Mahe Island


I know the following are a bit blurry but I love them anyways.








I recently flew to Chicago for the first time and I have completely fallen in love with this city.  The architecture, art, shopping, and FOOD are incredible.  I cannot wait to go back!



I sat in front of the bean for at least an hour, and never managed to get a shot without someone standing directly in front of me, rude of them I know, but what to do.


I stopped by the Art Institue Chicago and saw some works by some of my favourite artists (Degas, Renoir, Van Gogh, Monet, Manet, and many more).












I also got a cheeky little trim as my hair was getting way too long to wear down while working.

Quick little side trip to Harrods on my last London layover.



So L and I finally got to fly together after two and a half years of living here in Dubai!  The rostering gods smiled on us and we operated a Budapest flight .  We had such an incredible layover, learning how to make flower crowns, exploring the city, vintage shopping, and eating some delicious food.













Can I put this in my Vancouver apartment?



Embarrassing L any chance I can get.


We stumbled upon a wine/food festival in the middle of town.  So we had a little impromptu picnic on the steps of the cathedral


Budapest by night, such an incredible view from my room



School is ramping up a bit too fast for my liking, so I apologize in advance if I am a bit behind with any more blog posts.  In November I have flights to Singapore, Melbourne, Dar Es Salaam, and Melbourne again.  Hopefully I will get some good snaps while I am away and can keep you all updated!


No comments:

Post a Comment