Pages

6.15.2013

Prague, You're a Beauty (part. 2)

On Tuesday night after the opera we went for food and drinks as a group.  I was dead tired and just about fell asleep in my mediocre spinach risotto. 

FYI...high heels and cobble stone streets are not a good match.
Prague's streets - 1
My lovely outfit - 0

Wednesday morning we were scrambling to pack because we had to have all of our stuff out of the hostel room by 10am...rather early if you ask me!  The hostel was nice enough to store our bags in their luggage room for free, but two friends and I rented a locker to put our laptops/passports/valuables etc in while we were out.  The bus that was taking us back to Cesky was not arriving until 5pm so we had some time to explore Prague more.

** Side note...tuesday after the Kings Walking Tour a group of us went to a Dali and Mucha exhibit in a gallery in Old Time Square

Old Town Square



They had an original signed print of this for sale...
I wanted it sooooo badly :(



** I do not have any photos of the Mucha exhibit...I am not entirely sure I was supposed to take photos of the Dali exhibit either.  I only used my phone and there was no flash, just to be on the safe side :)

On Wednesday L and I trekked back up to the Castle to see some other art exhibits.  My inner art history geek was out in FULL force haha

Never seen this spelling of my name before

Gateway to Charles Bridge

Me and L

Skirt by Zara
Tiger onesie by Tally Weijl

The next set of photos come from the Schwarzenburg Palace within the Castle grounds
** I have many more but I mainly took photos of the weapons and armour exhibit, which I didn't think many people would want to look at.  

For my dad - 
he would have been in heaven 



look at those bad boys...
I never realized how long two handed swords were

The next set of photos come from the Sternberg Palace, also within the Castle grounds.  The descriptions for the paintings are the photos below the photo.


Garden of Eden

See...
even in the Garden of Eden there were Unicorns


I thought this was a very interesting style of painting for this subject matter


This was the largest of the Rubens in the gallery - 
it is hard to tell but I stood as tall as the mens calf muscles


The only Goya in the exhibit, but boy was I excited :)


I was pleasantly surprised that there were a number of Brueghel's available for viewing as well


No idea who this painter was but the detail of this painting was incredible



This painting was hanging from the ceiling, I got all artsy and laid on the floor...
I am pretty sure the guard thought I was crazy

Royal Guards :P

St. Vitus Cathedral





Pretty sure that by the end of the day L was sick and tired of taking my photo


These next three pictures are probably my favourite out of the entire trip in Czech Republic so far


silly tourists...always ruining my photos 




Pretty sure this is a cathedral... 
but I honestly don't remember the name or what it is used for now

After our trip to the galleries we met up with the other girls and tried to find the National Library, but apparently you can only view it on a 45 minute tour, which we didn't really want to do.

Best part of the trip <3

At 5pm we got back on the bus and headed back to Cesky.  Prague was fun, and I would definitely go back, but only if I was in a nearby country.


No comments:

Post a Comment